Méribel belongs to one of the biggest ski region and offers the enjoyment of nature with a real ski vacation. It implies luxury and uniqueness of modern ski slopes, surrounded by nature. It is located at an altitude exceeding 1700m.
Méribel can be reached by the Chambery airport which is about a hundred kilometers from the tourist center, but apart from this one there are several airports that you can use to get to Méribel, from the airport in Geneva and Lyon, you can come to this place. Although Chambery is the closest, you could be trapped there by the bad weather, and that certainly wouldn’t be good. You can also get to Méribel by a private helicopter or plane.
Alongside many reasons to visit Méribel the most important are amazing and gorgeous trails, that will exceed your expectations in every way. The resort on the west side of Val Thorens and La Tania on the east and Courchevel combined with Méribel form one of the world’s largest ski areas, comprising about 600 km disordered trails that are there to make your vacation unforgettable. Satellite Resort is located at an altitude exceeding 1700m, it is Méribel-Mottaret valley. Due to the improvement of ski lifts through Méribel you can easily access other resorts effortlessly.
It offers spa centers, large shopping malls, then a large snow surface that is suitable for every skier. You can visit the incredible observatory that will provide you with a beautiful view of the starry sky. It has a large selection of restaurants, even over 80, which provide international menus and a vide variety of foods and drinks to your delight. After dinner you can wear out your energy in a number of clubs and bars in Méribel. It has a large accommodation offer, but what’s especially attractive are the chalets that will not distract you from the presence of nature.
In Méribel in 2015 World Cup Alpine Ski were held. For the purposes of Winter Olympics in 1992 it was built the Olympic Centre, which is now open every day for tourists. When you visit The Olympic Centre you will not want to go away because this place has a large number of activities that will enrich your vacation, such as: children’s pool, fitness center, water slide, swimming pool, climbing wave, horse-sleigh tours, walking routes and snowmobiling.
Méribel is the perfect combination of tradition, elegance and modernity. This place is also specific for its good organization and activities for everyone. There is a comedy club and a English bar if you withdraw in your nostalgia. Many people come here not only for winter holidays, but even more summer vacation during which you can enjoy various activities like biking, golf and hiking. Prepare to go for a dream vacation for you and your loved ones, make the best memories with your family and friends, experience the wonder of nature, learn to ski like a professional and relax and enjoy every moment in Méribel.
This popular ski resort, located in the town of Bourg-Saint-Maurice in France, is one of the best destinations for skiers of all around the world. Les Arcs, which in the English language can be translated to “The Arcs”, is divided into five big areas, all with their own charms and indescribable slopes that would capture any skier’s heart. The five areas that make this skier’s paradise are the Arc 1600, Bourg-Saint-Maurice, Arc 1950, Arc 2000 and the best known and also the largest, Arc 1800.
Arcs 1600 and 1800 are not that noticeable when looking from the slopes, as they are smaller than the other areas and are more family friendly. Set in the forest, the Arc 1600 is made up of huge apartment blocks and was the first of the areas to be established around Bourg. Thanks to it’s location, Arc 1600 is also the best place to hide from an incoming storm, as the nearby woods give a perfect place in which to do so. Arc 1800 is known among visitors to be the largest of all the five areas and as such it is the most popular one. Located all the way on the other side of the mountain, the Arcs 2000 and 1950 are quite close to each other and are set at the bottom of the long treeless slope. All of the five areas received their names according to their altitude.
It is also interesting to mention that another famous ski resort La Plagne is linked to Les Arcs ski resort by cable car links from a nearby ski area, the Peisey-Vallandry, which is located south of Les Arcs. The Peisey-Vallandry ski area is also very close to Arc 1950, from which you can reach Peisey-Vallandry in just 20 minutes. With a futuristic feel of the apartment blocks to the amazing and well kept slopes, you also won’t fail to notice that Arc 2000 is the newest addition to the ski resort.
Les Arcs is a gorgeous ski resort, loved by all skiers, because it offers you the whole experience. From the genuine beauty of the ski resort, a lot of challenging skiing, many slopes and variety in everything they have, even giving you a chance to visit other nearby ski resorts by cable car links. Visiting Les Arcs ski resort is just one whole unforgettable experience that will have you coming back for more.
As already mentioned, the scenery and captivating beauty of Les Arcs has many gorgeous views. Mont Blanc can be seen from Arcs 1600 and 1800, but also some of the areas have an amazing view of the popular La Plagne ski resort.
Truly a skiers paradise, Les Arcs is one of those ski resorts that has a long history. It offers skiers a better experience than they could ever dream of, with many slopes included to choose from, a choice of nearby ski resorts to visit, and the best sights of this French beauty.
Avoriaz is the most beautiful and it is the biggest winter resort in the Alps, also it is considered to be one of the biggest and most attractive not only in France, but also in Europe. It belongs to the territory of Moricizine, situated in the center of Portes du Soleil. It can be reached through Chamonix and Geneva, or Lake Geneva. It is positioned just above Morzine, one of the first known ski towns.
Avoriaz today occupies a leading position in the snowboarding and ski trail category. Here, tourists can engage in several other sports besides skiing, such as mountain biking, trekking or golf. Pierre &Vacances is a company that is responsible for the significant development of tourism in this city, the company is engaged in real estate and tourism and it is owned by Gerard Bremont. He recognized the potential of this winter resort and has a large share in its construction. In this beautiful winter resort a ski area was developed, and it includes the areas of Switzerland and France, in 1965 by Jean Vuarnet who is a former champion of the Olympic Games. Some of the most important ski slopes of the area are Les Portes du Soleil and Les TroisVallées with ski lifts that give you all the benefits and connection to the other areas. It has a rich architecture combined with the history and modernity in architecture for which all the merit goes to a group of young talented architects Jean-Marc Roques, Jean-Jacques Orzoni and Jacques Labro.
Here, in the period from 1973 to 1993 the Festival international du film fantastiqued’Avoriazwas held. Also, the Tour de France was held here six times. Avoriaz is suitable as a family resort. It has a children’s village, the possibility of dog sledding, bicycling and enjoying the Aquariaz winter. For skiers there are developed trails that pass through the forest areas and take just under thirty kilometers in length. Despite all this, if you are not prone to skiing you can relax in a beautiful, relaxing atmosphere of the restaurants, hotels, and then you can have fun in local nightclubs. If you are a beginner in skiing, you can learn to ski in the excellent ski schools, also if you want to improve your skiing skills you can do that with the most professional instructors and surprise yourself with your hidden skills, thus overcoming your limits.
When it comes to restaurants, you will not be disappointed to visit this incredible gourmet city and enjoy in a comfortable ambience, try the finest French wines, the most delicious cheeses and sweeten your palate with some of the most delicious treats of these restaurants. From hotels you can expect an offer that varies from very cheap hotels to luxury resorts that would fulfill your every desire, with high quality and fast service that provide you with all the comforts you need. So if you are interested in winter sports, this would be a perfect place to visit.
France has some of the best ski resorts in the world, with most of them located in the French Alps region. Many of the French Alps ski resorts are well known for their amazing slopes and variety of hotels, restaurants and gorgeous scenery. They offer the best skiing experience not only for beginners and professionals alike. The French Alps offer us some of the best ski resorts in the world, and we are here to help you learn about some of the best ones.
- La Plagne is one of these places, located in the region of the French Alps it is one of the best known skiing destinations among skiers and snowboarders. Located near Mont Blanc, this ski resort has the some of the best activities beside skiing on it’s amazing steep slopes. It is also located very close to Les Arcs, another ski resort in the French Alps that also offers an amazing experience. The two ski resorts are even connected with cable cars, making La Plagne a perfect skiing destination, as you have a chance to experience both ski resorts at once. They are connected through a smaller ski resort Peisey-Vallandry which is more suited for families.
- La Plagne and Les Arcs are definitely the most popular skiing destinations in the French Alps region, you will be mesmerized by their scenic and captivating views of Mont Blanc and amazing service.
- Even with these two amazing ski resorts working together, not one can come close to Alped’Huez which is and will remain the most beautiful ski resort in the French Alps. Based around a small village, Alped’Huez is a ski resort that has amazing off slope activities, great for skiers and snowboarders alike of all skill levels and ages, regular snowfall, and and the charms of the village centre of Bourg-d’Oisans. The ski resort slopes can go up to 3300 m in altitude and offer a great experience for everyone. With an ever expanding ski resort like Alped’Huez, you will see much more activities and attractions in the future, as the resort is looking for more investors to invest in this gorgeous ski resort in the French Alps.
- The closest airport from which you can arrive in Alpe d’Huez is the well known Grenoble airport. It is just 90 miles from Alped’Huez, making it really easy to visit this ski resort rich with great scenery and many activities.
- Visiting any of these ski resorts will give you an unforgettable experience as they are some of the most visited skiing destinations in France, thanks to the amount and quality of slopes and off slopes activities they offers. They are great for families with children as they offer child facilities and slopes for beginners, or those who just want to enjoy some relaxing skiing with their friends and relatives. So don’t hesitate, and visit La Plagne, Les Arcs and Alped’Huez and explore their rich hotel and restaurant selection all designed to make your stay an even greater experience.
- Avoriaz is one of the most known and largest resort of the Alps. It is a part of Moricizine aria. Besides skiing people can enjoy many others sports. It has beautiful and memorable buildings. The Festival international du film fantastiqued’Avoriaz used to be held here, but also the Tour de France, six times. It is a great place for families. Avoriaz has ski trails through beautiful forests, skiing schools, affordable and luxury hotels and restaurants with most delicious food. From hotels to offer you can find a very cheap variety of services that suit everyone.
- Chamonix is one of the best equipped and most popular tourist destinations in the world. It is located near the glacier Aiguille du Midi. Chamonix occupies the north side of the Alpine peak of Mont Blanc, in fact this peak belongs to the village of Chamonix. Winter tourist center of Chamonix is very visited and popular among sport fans and it offers many opportunities for recreation, relaxation and of course accommodation. At a height of 995 to 4.810 m Chamonix is synonym for mountain and winter tourism. Highest trail of Western Europe is built here. Chamonix uses snow artificially made to increase the amount of natural snow.
- Grenoble throughout the year offers many tourist activities that attract large numbers of tourists. In Grenoble the Winter Olympic Games were held in 1968. It has the title of the capital of the Alps and the sixteenth largest city in France. What attracts tourists among other things are interesting people, quality music and food. The festival of amateur theater is held every year and it attracts young people from around the world. There is a wide variety of restaurants with gastronomic specialties that will not leave you indifferent. When it comes to accommodation there is a wide range of dormitories and hotels that anyone can afford. It also has a variety of beautiful hotels with good services and quality and affordable prices,Angleterre Hotel stands out for its location in the city center.
- Val d’Isere is located in the southeast of France, belonging to the area of Savoie, it is a municipality in the Tarentaise Valley. Val d’Isere is very appealing and a world-famous ski center. Paths go at a height above 3000m, long for tens of kilometers. One of the benefits is that it is located near the Italian border and it borders the national park Vanoise. At this point every year Ski World Cup is held.
- Saint-Gervais-les-Bains is a popular tourist destination on the southeast side of France, which attracts tourists each year. Ski slopes occupies an area of 450 kilometers, it is the third-largest in France. If you prefer lonely trails this is the place for you because one of the many benefits is that on these trails there not many skiers. At this point, seasonality is not so uttered, so many people come throughout the whole year. Some of the activities that attract visitors in this place are climbing, mountain biking, paragliding, hiking and many other.