France has some of the best ski resorts in the world, with most of them located in the French Alps region. Many of the French Alps ski resorts are well known for their amazing slopes and variety of hotels, restaurants and gorgeous scenery. They offer the best skiing experience not only for beginners and professionals alike. The French Alps offer us some of the best ski resorts in the world, and we are here to help you learn about some of the best ones.
- La Plagne is one of these places, located in the region of the French Alps it is one of the best known skiing destinations among skiers and snowboarders. Located near Mont Blanc, this ski resort has the some of the best activities beside skiing on it’s amazing steep slopes. It is also located very close to Les Arcs, another ski resort in the French Alps that also offers an amazing experience. The two ski resorts are even connected with cable cars, making La Plagne a perfect skiing destination, as you have a chance to experience both ski resorts at once. They are connected through a smaller ski resort Peisey-Vallandry which is more suited for families.
- La Plagne and Les Arcs are definitely the most popular skiing destinations in the French Alps region, you will be mesmerized by their scenic and captivating views of Mont Blanc and amazing service.
- Even with these two amazing ski resorts working together, not one can come close to Alped’Huez which is and will remain the most beautiful ski resort in the French Alps. Based around a small village, Alped’Huez is a ski resort that has amazing off slope activities, great for skiers and snowboarders alike of all skill levels and ages, regular snowfall, and and the charms of the village centre of Bourg-d’Oisans. The ski resort slopes can go up to 3300 m in altitude and offer a great experience for everyone. With an ever expanding ski resort like Alped’Huez, you will see much more activities and attractions in the future, as the resort is looking for more investors to invest in this gorgeous ski resort in the French Alps.
- The closest airport from which you can arrive in Alpe d’Huez is the well known Grenoble airport. It is just 90 miles from Alped’Huez, making it really easy to visit this ski resort rich with great scenery and many activities.
- Visiting any of these ski resorts will give you an unforgettable experience as they are some of the most visited skiing destinations in France, thanks to the amount and quality of slopes and off slopes activities they offers. They are great for families with children as they offer child facilities and slopes for beginners, or those who just want to enjoy some relaxing skiing with their friends and relatives. So don’t hesitate, and visit La Plagne, Les Arcs and Alped’Huez and explore their rich hotel and restaurant selection all designed to make your stay an even greater experience.
Skiing is an activity that has a history of about five millennia with origins from Scandinavia and possibly China. As for the modern alpine category it usually takes place in a ski resort or arranged track.